Preparation and Record Keeping
1. FIRST, CHECK WITH FAMILY MEMBERS. Family is the most important source, and can provide information, give you leads on possible sources, etc.
2. Use a genealogy chart to fill in names and other information.
3. Keep notes on what you have checked and where you have checked, so that you do not redo work.
Hawaiʻi Voyager Search
Check for books in Hamilton Library by searching here.
Other Library Guides
- Last Updated Jan 16, 2014
Resources that cover many ethnic groups in Hawaii.
329 views this year
- Last Updated Feb 13, 2014
Includes resources devoted to specific immigrant ethnic groups in Hawaii.
369 views this year
Research Guides and Repository Directories
Need more resources? Try these research guides.