Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
U.S. Census Data and Reports for Hawaiʻi, 2000
U.S. Census for Hawaiʻi, 2000 - Data
- Census 2000 Data for Hawaii.
- Data for Hawaii from the U.S. Census Bureau. Online: http://www.census.gov/census2000/states/hi.html.
U.S. Census for Hawaiʻi, 2000 - Reports
- Census 2000 Published Reports.
- Online: http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2000/index.html. For Hawaii reports, select a report category from left column and then select Hawaii-specific report (if available) from right column.
U.S. Census Bureau. Decennials - Census of Population and Housing.
Digitized reports from the decennial censuses. Hawaii was included in the U.S. decennial censuses beginning in 1900. For Hawaii reports prior to 1960, look for Hawaii reports and look within territory reports. For Hawaii reports 1960 and after, look for Hawaii reports and within states' reports.
What Am I Looking At?
Generally, after censuses are conducted, information gathered falls in two groups:
- the data sets - the raw data, originally captured in forms such as enumeration sheets
- the reports which interpret and analyze these data sets
The lists on this page provide links to a selection of reports, and data sets and/or enumeration sheets for Hawaiʻi censuses.
Enumeration sheets are the forms used by census enumerators to gather information from people. Information may include the following: the person's name, place of residence, sex, age, occupation, educational level, language spoken, country of origin.
For privacy reasons, the U.S. Census Bureau does not release enumeration sheets until 72 years after the census has been conducted. The most recent enumeration sheets available for Hawaiʻi are from the 1940 decennial census, released in 2012. Enumeration sheets from the 1950 decennial census are scheduled to be released n 2022.