Skip to Main Content
- The Cabinet OfficeOkinawa Development and Promotion Bureau, the Battle of Okinawa Materials Room / 内閣府沖縄振興局、沖縄戦関係資料閲覧室 (JPN version)
- Material Retrieval / 所蔵資料検索 （Including documents, books, or videos and DVDs）
- Photographs Retrieval / 写真資料検索
- Testimony / 証言集
- The Peace Learning Archive in Okinawa / 沖縄平和学習アーカイブ (ENG and JPN versions)
- The Peace Learning Archive in OKINAWA lets its users to read 102 testimonials by survivors of the Battle of Okinawa, and to view 182 photographs and archived maps. Several digital archives are multi-layered on the Google Earth map to facilitate multilateral and comprehensive understanding of the Battle.
- 「沖縄平和学習アーカイブ」では，沖縄戦争体験者の証言102人と，182点の沖縄戦写真並びに資料地図を閲覧することができます。 複数のデジタルアーカイブをGoogle Earth上の地図にデジタル重層し，沖縄戦に関する多面的で総合的な理解が出来ます
- It is provided by the Peace and Gender Equality Promotion Division, Department of Environmental and Community Affairs, Okinawa Prefectural Government.
- Soshi Okinawa-sen : shashin kiroku / 総史沖縄戦 : 写真記録 (JPN version)
- Okinawa hachijuyokka no tatakai / 沖縄・八十四日の戦い (JPN version)
- それってどうなの？沖縄の基地の話。(JPN only) Fact finding booklet about the US Military basese in Okinawa. You can download free directly from the site.
- Okinawa: the Last Battle (ENG version)
This book was published by the US Center of Military History, U.S. Army in 2000.
Resources Related to WWII
Peace Memorial Museums in Okinawa
- Himeyuri Peace Museum / ひめゆり平和記念資料館 (ENG and JPN versions)
During the battle of Okinawa, two girls' schools, 222 students and 18 teachers were mobilized to the Okinawa Army Field Hospital in Haebaru Town. As a result, 136 of them lost their lives. After the war, the group of students and teachers who were mobilized from the two girls' schools came to be called the "Himeyuri Student Corps." On June 23, 1983, the Himeyuri Peace Museum was established by the Himeyuri alumnae.