Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Hawaiian & Pacific Hours
COVID-19 Update: Please see updates here.
HP Reading Room: Closed
Spring semester (January 11 - May 14)
Chat Reference service is available:
Monday-Friday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
(exceptions: Jan. 18, Feb. 15, Mar. 26, Apr. 2, holidays)
You may reach out to us via methods below at any time.
Be sure to leave an e-mail address so we can get back to you.
Aloha and welcome!
The Hawaiian and Pacific Collections are internationally recognized research collections. All formats, languages and levels of treatment are collected Many of the items in the collection are unique and irreplaceable.
Located on the fifth floor of Hamilton Library, the reading room is a quiet, pleasant area conducive to serious research and study.
- Wireless internet, a flatbed scanner, and photocopy machines are available.
- Most materials (except rare, fragile, or tightly bound) may be photocopied in accordance with copyright laws.
- The Hawaiian and Pacific Collections have their own reference and circulation service, as well as their own hours.
- No bags, purses, computer and tablet cases
- Lockers take quarters, can borrow one from circulation counter.
- No food or drinks (covered water bottles are okay)
- Silence ringers please -- no phone calls in reading room
Hawai'i Specialist Librarian