Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To place a library book on reserve, please check Faculty Info.
Physical materials from these collections may NOT be placed on Reserves:
Click electronic reserves for more information.
- Hawaiian / Pacific Collections
- Charlot and all special collections
- JABSOM Library
- Periodicals and reference materials
- Inter-Library Loan
- UH Systems Library
Make arrangements directly with these departments and inform students that items must be used at their respective locations.
For items that are not in the library's collection and require ordering, please supply as much information as possible (publisher, distributor, address/telephone, year, ISBN #, etc). Please allow at least two months for the ordered items to be put on reserve. Only one copy can be purchased due to limited funds.
Library books - 3 days to 2 weeks
Purchased books - Allow at least two months
Personal Copies or Photocopied Materials on Reserves
Bring your personal copy (PC) or photocopied materials to Sinclair Library Wong Audiovisual Center
If you have a photocopied version of the text you like to put on reserve then please be sure to provide the 'Title Page' and the 'Copyright Page' along with the text. Faculty are responsible for obtaining copyright permission for items they request to be placed on reserve. ~Check Copyright Info~
The University of Hawaii at Manoa Library will not be responsible for any damaged, missing and/or lost personal copy, photocopy or reprint while on
reserve. Faculty will be notified to either replace the personal copy or to withdraw it from reserve
Processing time: 1 day to 5 working days
Faculty are responsible for obtaining copyright permission for items they request to be placed on reserve. ~Check Copyright Info~
- We will check the requested materials to see if they are available electronically.
- If they are we will make a link to it.
- If not we will check to see if the material falls within copyright.
- If it is copyright compliant, we will scan the allotted amount and place it on electronic reserve.
- If it is not we will notify the faculty with the reason and try to work something out.
- Hamilton Library materials - We will scan one chapter from a book (or 10% whichever is larger) - Exception - during COVID-19 - two chapters from a book (or 20% whichever is larger)
- Hawaiian and Pacific Collection materials - We will submit your request to the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections of one chapter from a book (or 10% whichever is larger) - Exception - during COVID-19 - two chapters from a book (or 20% whichever is larger)
- All electronic reserve materials will be taken down at the end of the semester.
- If you have a photocopied version of the text you like to put on electronic reserve then please be sure to provide the 'Title Page' and the 'Copyright Page' along with the text.
Digitized text reserves - 1 day to 5 working days. Must be copyright compliant
Links to online articles - 1 day to 5 working days. Must be copyright compliant
Submitting requests and forms
Make a request through OneSearch.
Fill out a Print/Electronic Reserve Form.
Please read the Copyright Info page before signing or typing your name.
An email will be sent to the address provided when the materials go on reserve.
Submit the completed form to Hamilton Library Circulation Desk.
- Save a copy and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at Hamilton Library Circulation Desk (1st floor) during normal business hours. Printed forms are also available at Hamilton Library Circulation Desk
- FAX - 808-956-7109
- By postal or campus mail to:
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Hamilton Library Access Services
2550 McCarthy Mall
Honolulu, HI 96822
Location and Hours
|Please see announcement on the Homepage