Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Search for a DVD, CD, Score, etc.
- In addition to books, you can also find vidoes, music, course reserve items and much more using OneSearch.
- Many searches can be done using the Basic search tab, but switching to the Advanced tab will give you more options, such as limiting by location (i.e. only items at UH Manoa: Sinclair Library), date (i.e. only items from 2008 or later), and language.
- To search for specific formats, include the format as part of your search. Use DVD, Compact Disc (for CDs), Score (for musical scores), Videotape (for VHS), Video? (for either DVD or VHS), or Sinclair streaming (for reformatted videos available online). For example:
How to search for specific media format
|You are looking for:
||Type into the search box:
|Videotapes or DVDs on women in Asia
||Women Asia video?
|DVDs by Stanley Kubrick
||Stanley Kubrick dvd
|Compact disc of reggae music
||Reggae music compact disc
|Score of Beethoven's 9th Symphony
||Beethoven Symphony 9 Score
|Online videos about Cambodia
||Cambodia Sinclair streaming
- To view a list of all DVDs in the library, type DVD in the Advanced search box and limit the location to UH Manoa: Sinclair Library. You can include a language limit as well.
- To limit the DVD list to feature films, type DVD feature films
- After clicking Search, the results will be listed with the most recent DVDs first.
- To find course reserve materials, go to the Hawai'i Voyager Catalog and click the "Course Reserves" tab. Select your professor from the "Instructor" menu and click "Search". Reserve materials must be requested at the AVC counter on the 3rd floor of the library. Please be prepared to provide as much information as possible, including instructor name and course number.
- For more assistance Ask a Librarian.
How to Request An Item
To obtain a book, DVD, CD or other item in the library, you must request the item online. What this means is:
- Use the Hawai'i Voyager Catalog to find the item.
- Click on the "Get This Item" link.
- Log in.
- Click "Hold or transfer this item".
- Choose your pickup location, enter your UH number again, and any necessary details.
- Click "Submit Request".
- Go to Sinclair Library 3rd floor (Wong AV Center) to pick up your item(s).
- If you chose a different location, wait to be notified of it's availability.
- All requested items will be held at the center for three business days.
- Any unclaimed media will be returned to the shelves at closing and made available for others.
- Please check to make sure you have a valid UH ID card.
- Some items held by other campuses cannot be requested. Refer to the Intrasystem Lending Policies to see if another campus will lend audiovisual materials.
For information about online video resources, see the Online Resources page.