Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Hawaiian and Pacific Collections are internationally recognized research collections of published and unpublished materials on the subject of Hawaiʻi and the Pacific that supports your research as an undergraduate or graduate student. All formats, languages, subjects, time periods and levels of treatment are collected to provide a comprehensive collection that can facilitate in-depth research on any Hawaiʻi or Pacific related topic. As a student at UH Mānoa you can:
- Access any Hawaiian and Pacific Collection library-use only items in the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections reading room
- Access a curated selection of popular and heavily used books, journals, indexes and bibliographies on the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections reference shelves
- Borrow Hawaiian and Pacific Collection non library-use only items for two weeks and renew the items once for an additional two weeks
- Borrow Hawaiian and Pacific Collection audio/visual materials
- Access hundreds of microfilm reels and fiche pertaining to Hawaiʻi and the Pacific
- Access all UHM licensed electronic resources in the library and remotely
- Access digital and digitized collections of Hawaiʻi and Pacific materials in the library's digital collections and institutional repositories ScholarSpace and eVols
- Suggest a purchase of a particular book, journal, or audio/visual item that supports your research
- Request an interlibrary loan of a book or article that supports your research
Librarians in the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections provides specialized research support to help you find materials on Hawaiʻi or Pacific related research you are working on. You can either visit us at the reference desk or schedule a research consultation with one of our librarians while the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections reading room is open. If you cannot make it to the library, you can always give us a call or send us an e-mail.
Located on the fifth floor of Hamilton Library, the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections provides a unique research and study space with natural light and beautiful views of Waʻahila Ridge. The reading room is equipped with many tables, chairs, a few computers, printers, scanners, wifi, and librarians at the reference desk who can help you with your research.
- Visit the Use Policies & Info page to learn more about the reading room
- Visit the Ask Us page to learn more about photocopying and scanning