Now that you have your research question and your search terms, it's time to start looking for resources!
Here are some SEARCH STRATEGIES to help you in your search for relevant, useful information:
- Use keywords to build context into your searches: hala vs. lau hala vs. lauhalavs. ulana lauhala
- Use quotations to search for phrases:"malama aina" vs.malama aina
- Use * (or sometimes ! or ?) to truncate searches: hawaii* searches for hawaii, hawaiian, hawaiians
- Use filters (e.g. date, type, subject) to narrow search results
- Re-order results by date, relevance, or title if needed
- Use Email, Print, Cite tools if needed
- Log-in to save your searches and save results
When you click on the link above and open the shared Google Sheet:
- Select a numbered tab and "rename" the tab to your group name
- Each person in your group will select (2) collections to explore
- For each collection that you are assigned to, fill in the cells with information to document your search work.