Linking to a UHM library EBook from Laulima (Manoa courses only)
For more on Electronic Resources on Laulima > Return to Laulima Faculty Tutorials
If you are teaching a Manoa-based course and would like to make an EBook from a UH-Manoa library available to your students in Laulima via a Web link, the students will be required to log into the library's system to access the file:
As stated in the image above, "Most electronic resources to which UHM libraries subscribe are RESTRICTED to University of Hawaii at Manoa students, faculty, and staff to comply with licensing agreements." This tutorial illustrates how to link to a UHM library EBook in Laulima so students do not have to log in separately to the UHM Library's database.
Note: This will only work for students who are in the course in Laulima.
1. Locate your EBook in the UH Manoa Voyager Catalog and copy the correct URL in the UHM Library system.
2. Go into your course in Laulima.
3. Go to the tool where you want to post the link. (In this example, we will use Resources.)
4. Click on the "Add" dropdown menu and select "Add Web Links (URLs)."
5. In the text box for "Web Address (URL)" enter the copied EBook URL
6. Enter a title for the link in the text box for "Website Name" then click on the "Add Web Links Now" button.
The link should then be posted. When students click on it from on campus, the Ebook should open for them without requiring the students to log into the library's database. If they open it from off campus, they may need to Login in.
student-view of Resources:
Information is subject to change, as vendors update their products. If you encounter problems using the methods outlined above or if you have additional questions or problems, please contact your liaison librarian for assistance.