Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Before You Begin...
Searching CINAHL will be much easier if you have established your research question beforehand. Once you have determined your question, do the following:
1. Identify the keywords that represent the main concepts of your research question. Here are some types of keywords that you may want to include:
- Diseases or problems being addressed
- Diagnostic or therapeutic interventions being considered
- Outcomes that should happen
2. Identify other ways to state your keywords. For example, "high blood pressure" can also be referred to as "hypertension."
CINAHL Databases: Basic Searching
CINAHL Databases: Advanced Searching
To get the full article within CINAHL look for or links.
If these links are not available, click on the button which will direct you to the following:
- A page with a link to an electronic version of the article if it is available from UH Manoa Library
- A page with a link to a request form to get the item through Interlibrary Loan if the article is not available
Need More Help?
Sci/Tech Librarians Email:
SciTech Reference Desk
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 9 am-3 pm
Wed, 10:30 am-3 pm
Phone: (808) 956-8263