Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Below is additional information about what each tool does,
- Add to folder: Add a citation to the folder, a temporary place for you to save citations that you want to keep. Citations in folders can then be printed, emailed, saved as a file, or exported to EndNote.
- Print: Prints the detailed record AND the article if it is available in HTML or PDF format.
- E-Mail: Emails the citation AND the article if it is available in HTML or PDF format.
- Cite: Converts the citation information of the article(s) in AMA, APA & other citation styles. See the "'Cite' Tool" box (located to the right, below the screenshots) for more information.
- Export: Export the citation information for a reference management tool. See the "Organizing Citations" tab for more information.
Tools for a Detailed Record
Citation tools appear to the right when you are looking at the detailed/abstract view of an article or other item in CINAHL. Use these tools can help to print, email, save, cite, export, and more with individual citations.
Tools for Citations in a Folder
When viewing the citations in folder, the tools appear to the right. Use these tools to print, email, save, or export all or some of the citations in the folder.
The tool helps you convert the CINAHL information into a citation formatted into the style of your choice.
Click on to open up the Citation Format panel (see image below).
Scroll down the list to find the citation style that you need. Copy the citation and paste it into your document.
Double-check the citation for errors. You need to pay special attention to personal names, capitalization, and dates. Consult your library resources for the exact formatting and punctuation guidelines for your particular citation style.
Need More Help?
Sci/Tech Librarians Email:
SciTech Reference Desk
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 9 am-3 pm
Wed, 10:30 am-3 pm
Phone: (808) 956-8263