Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1. In EndNote, go to the Groups menu
2. Select the type of group you want to create
Adding References to Groups
- Select the reference you want to add, then drag and drop them into the group
- Select the reference you want to add, right click, click Add References to, then select the group
From The Experts
More about Group Sets
- In your library, My Groups is a default Group Set.
If you don't create new Group Sets, all Custom and Smart Groups will be added under My Groups
- You can rename this default Group Set by right clicking on it then selecting Rename Group Set
- You can move Custom Groups and Smart Groups to any Group Set at any time
More About Smart Groups
- Smart Groups are a great way to quickly and automatically sort by any criteria you can think of
- "Contains" is more broad and will find more references than "Is"
- The "Greater Than" and "Lesser Than" criteria are a great way to sort references published in a certain time period
- Use the small plus sign button to the right to add more criteria
- Smart Group criteria can be edited at any time by right clicking on the group and clicking Edit Group