Skip to Main Content

Government Documents - Military and Veterans Agencies: Service Records

War Department, Navy Department, Army, Department of Defense, Air Force, Marine Corps, National Military Establishment, Department of Veterans Affairs, and related agencies

Service Records at National Archives

Service records can be requested from the National Archives. Note that release of most information may be restricted to service members or veterans and members of their immediate families if the individual was discharged less than 62 years ago. After 62 years, records become archival and are open for public access.