Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is PubMed?
PubMed is an interface for searching biomedical and life sciences journal articles and other related content:
- MEDLINE citations and links to some full-text articles.
- PubMed Central papers which are open access full-text articles.
- Articles that are "in process" prior to being indexed with MeSH terms.
- Articles submitted by publishers "ahead of print."
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) Bookshelf.
Currently, PubMed contains over 30,000,000 citations.
What subject areas are covered?
PubMed contents cover a wide array of fields within the health sciences, including:
- clinical medicine
- public health
- pre-clinical research
- veterinary medicine